Monday, January 26, 2015

Long Island New York, Tuesday Jan 20

I wake up for my interview around 7 after falling asleep at 1am. I groggily head to the bathroom to jump in the shower, only to find the door to the bedroom adjacent to the bathroom (restroom is wedged between two bedrooms) propped open with a man passed out on the bed. I quickly shut the door and look for a lock, only to find that it is horrifyingly missing from the door knob. The entire shower is rushed as I can’t help but fear this guy walking in at any point.

I decide I’ve had enough of this place but shelf it for the time being so I can get to my interview without a glitch. As I am getting ready I accidentally bump a sword, and it threatens to fall on me from above. Yup, definitely done. I pack up all of my stuff and head out to interview from 10-2. Following the interview, I post up at a Starbucks frantically looking for a decent hotel in the area. I find one, but it takes about 3 hours of tense calls to my host, Air B&B, and driving to the place before I’m all settled in.

Sword on the right nearly took my life


My new hotel is lovely and includes a pool and a gym, both which sound perfect considering the experience I’ve had over the past 24 hours. I head down for a work out and a swim and by the end I’m pretty beat. I sleepily head out for food, and end up buying salads and beer at the local Trader Joe’s and heading home for some good old fashioned quiet time. I drink beer in the bath while watching the Bachelor, and it’s the perfect end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment